well ... change is the only constant, & whatever we do (on a spectrum
from nothing to everything) impacts on change in some way or other.
therefore my opinion is that it's always worth doing something, even if
the impact is very small, & that often a lot of small actions over a
long time can have more impact than big fast actions (tortise / hare!).

i agree with your last point - that open, equal, conversation can occur
even when there are power imbalances - & that is one of my goals in my
work. there are always power imbalances to some degree, so to
acknowledge those imbalances & make them visible means that we can start
to find ways to address them.

h : )