Bumper Edition of Citizen sci-fi at Furtherfield - events and exhibition, 2020

Coming up in the next couple of weeks we have a number of events and an
exhibition as part of Furtherfield’s three-year Citizen Sci-Fi programme,
crowdsourcing creative and technological visions of our communities and public
spaces, together.

2020 is the year of Love Machines, nurturing living and machine systems for
mutual care and respect on earth and beyond.

1. The Treaty of Finsbury Park 2025 Drop-in Session

Please join us to help make and play a game for multispecies cooperation.

How do we collectively care for Finsbury Park?
Which people and which creatures?
What part would you like to play?

This Summer, we invite you to join us at Furtherfield to explore these
questions. Together we will make and play a game with various characters,
imagining Finsbury Park in 2025 as the place where a global multispecies
revolution begins – and changes the world forever.

Come and meet the game designers Cade and Ruth, and each other, at Furtherfield
Commons for food, drink and a chat 17:00 – 18.30, Sunday, 8 March, or 11:00 –
17:00, Monday, 9 March. https://cutt.ly/qtru3Fy

2. Cassie Thornton presents The Hologram: Collective Health as a “Beautiful Art
Work”

A series of talks from the Love Machines seasonArtist Cassie Thornton, of the
Feminist Economics Department (the FED), will discuss The Hologram, a mythoreal
collective peer-to-peer health project currently incubating at Furtherfield
Gallery in London. The Hologram, based on the understanding that all our crises
are connected and everyone is a little sick, is a viral four-person health
monitoring and diagnostic system practiced from couches all over the world.
https://t.co/r7YQM5tELo?amp=1

10 March 2020, Tues
18 March 2020, Weds
13:30 – 17:00
Booking Required (visit link above)
Venue: Furtherfield Commons. Finsbury Park. London, UK

3. TransLocal Cooperation Exhbition

Furtherfield Gallery, London. This exhibition and the works within it consider
how we might organise for care across distances and differences with and for
our translocal communities. It features a selection of artworks from those
created by Turkish, Greek, Serbian and British artists during art and
technology residences at the creative hubs ATÖLYE in Turkey, Bios in Greece,
and Nova Iskra in Serbia. https://buff.ly/32LpyXL

Opening Event. Booking Essential. Thur, 12 Mar, 18:00 – 20:00
13 March – 19 April. Thur – Sun, 12:00 – 18:00, or by apt.

4. Join the Fictional Focus Group.

Come play with us! LARP event. We're looking for participants for a focus group
research that is also a game, a collaboration between Furtherfield, DECAL, and
@uclHelp us explore data transparency and consumer ethics.
https://buff.ly/2SWjneG

There are two sessions available:
16 and 17 March 2020