Hi Alan,

It seems that people are finding certain elements in this series of
work, in relation to their own perspectives, whether it involves
locality (nation etc) and or psychologically. I think this is good
because communicates in ways beyond my own trappings. I like letting
these works present, if possible, their unforced contexts -- it comes
out in the wash (for want of a better word) ;-)

Thanks for looking.

Wishing you well.

marc

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 13:29, Alan Sondheim via NetBehaviour
<netbehaviour@lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:

> I've liked this series, I've seen other's you've done as well of course
> online, reminding me of packing tape, packing strokes opening up to more of
> the same; also at least over the western states in what used to be the usa,
> now the sa, lightning in fierce storms, shattering the sky, all that against
> the colors of masking tape and warning signs, assembled picture frames minus
> image
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 6:38 AM marc garrett via NetBehaviour
> <netbehaviour@lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:
>>
>> CV-17, 2020.
>>
>> When creating abstract works, push and pull is a term I used to know,
>> meaning, pushing the foreground back so to level out the pictorial surface.
>> Notice the white lines pulling it all together, connecting up with white
>> background space.
>>
>> However, it was Hans Hofmann who originally used the phrase. It was
>> associated "with his signature works of the 1950s and 1960s, in which bold
>> color planes emerge from and recede into energetic surfaces of intersecting
>> and overlapping shapes". This collage does that, but in it's own way.

> --

Wishing you well.

Marc

Marc Garrett

Co-founder & Artistic director of Furtherfield & DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0
technologies research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected
cultural ecologies & economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital
Citizenship, Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc
Garrett, Inte Gloerich. Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019
http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett,
Nathan Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK