From: Danielle Imara <danielleim...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 4:49 AM
To: Max Herman <maxnmher...@hotmail.com>; ruthcat...@gmail.com
<ruthcat...@gmail.com>; NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
<netbehaviour@lists.netbehaviour.org>
Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] 3rd Be-coming Tree Global Live Art Event

Re: Re: 3rd Be-coming Tree Global Live Art Event (Ruth Catlow and Max Herman)

Ruth, I am so excited by the article you shared. Such a great thought to extend
our kinship to AI. On one level, if we are imprinting the AI with our own
patterns then surely this can only lead to best outcomes in how they develop;
also for our own psyches to move on from seeing anyone or anything as simply a
tool or servant to our needs has to be an important part of our evolution
beyond hierarchical beliefs and structures. Thank you so much for sharing. I
have been looking at Robin Kimmerer, who from an indigenous viewpoint also
promotes kinship with all beings and natural forms.

Matthew, loving the thought of your surreptitious tree-hugging. Perhaps we
should do it more openly so others feel safe to do so. Particularly now that
human hugging is so very much out of style. Am also reading Powers' The
Overstory, which is very worthwhile and inspiring.

See if you can attend Be-coming Tree tomorrow and let us know how it was for
you.

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 17:05, Max Herman