Dear list

The brilliant people behind the Birth Rites Collection have announced a job
opportunity for a Creative Technologist & Graphic Design Team, which might be
of interest, so I'm including here all details:

Creative technologist & graphic design team

Salary: 7 days @£450 per day inc 2 days for creative technologist.

Application deadline: 15th February 2021

We are seeking a freelance designer and/ or designer/creative technologist to
design and create an app/map for the Birth Rites Collection. We particularly
encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority
Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the
Creative Industries.

We have 85 artworks in the Birth Rites Collection and 55 of them are currently
on show in four buildings across Guys Campus where the collection is housed
until 2021. We are looking for a design company who would like to:

  *   Design an integrated map of the collection which highlights context and
perspectives on each of the artworks. This includes videos/social media posts/
written comments and perspectives from health care professionals and artists /
curators and narratives and histories which have built up around each work.

  *   Use QR codes accessible physically on site or via the website or BRC
virtual tour to help audiences learn about and participate in the discussion
surrounding the works.

  *   Create a branded and creative aesthetically distinct and dynamic look to
the application.

  *   Work with a creative technologist to integrate the physical with the
virtual.

  *   Work in conjunction with BRC Curator to bring content together in a
cohesive manner.

  *   Ensure that the app/map is able to move with the collection.

to deliver an app/map for Birth Rites Collection.
www.birthritescollection.org.uk<http://www.birthritescollection.org.uk/>

To apply, please email: b...@birthrites.org.uk

Include: CV and A4 letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please use
the email header: ‘creative tech / designer’

The Birth Rites Collection is the first and only collection of contemporary
artworks dedicated to the subject of childbirth. The collection currently
comprises of photography, sculpture, painting, wallpaper, drawing, new media,
documentary and experimental film. It is hosted by the Department of Midwifery,
part of the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative
Care at King’s College London. The collection is displayed across Guy’s Campus
in New Hunt's House, the Chantler SaIL Clinical Skills Centre, the Henriette
Raphael Building and the Hodgkin Building.

www.birthritescollection.org.uk<https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.birthritescollection.org.uk%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C41f39c9f76414530b86008d8c6b30a04%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637477819548829905%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=f%2Ba%2B5mMCQoc4OmwfN6Jc7jsSEOqtX1MhrJQjXd6ar5w%3D&reserved=0>

Irini Papadimitriou
Creative Director | FutureEverything
twitter: @futureverything @irini_mirena | web:
http://futureeverything.org<http://futureeverything.org/>
Federation House, 2 Federation Street, Manchester, M4 4BF

CURRENT PROJECTS:

See our latest news
here<https://mailchi.mp/futureeverything/newsletter-march2020-898494?e=741a160bdc>

Future
Focus<https://futureeverything.org/news/introducing-our-new-programme-future-focus/>
Our new online programme bringing people together to share ideas, connect and
collectively imagine better, more considerate futures.

Trickle Down, A New Vertical
Sovereignty<https://futureeverything.org/portfolio/entry/trickle-down-a-new-vertical-sovereignty/>
 by Helen Knowles
A tokenised four-screen video installation and generative soundscape attached
to the blockchain, exploring value systems and wealth disparity. This new body
of work is now available for touring.

Innovate
Manchester<https://futureeverything.org/event/innovate-manchester-our-digital-futures-data-ethics/>
An ambitious events programme bringing together business, academia and creative
thinkers to collaborate on ideas for a more sustainable future. In
collaboration with MIDAS and the Business Growth Hub.