I love The Endless Forest!

On 19/06/2021 18:52, F3ydrus via NetBehaviour wrote:
Thumbs up for accessible non-facetime non-VR online spaces like gather.town; Calla is another interesting one which uses spatial audio and a 2D map and is open source.

Bit off topic (though on list), but I can't help also mention the beautiful /The Endless Forest/ by Auriea Harvey and Michael Samyn of Tale of Tales (who are probably lurking on NB!). Seems particularly apt given the forest analogy. After a kickstarter a few years ago they've been rewriting it on a new engine, now up to v3.4

/"//*The Endless Forest* is a multiplayer online game and social screensaver, a virtual place where you can play with your friends. When your computer goes to sleep you appear as a deer in this magical place. There are no goals to achieve or rules to follow. Just run through the forest and see what happens."/

Like /Journey/, TEF has no means of text or audio communication. Just a silent contemplative space with some avatar gestures and movement around the forest. Magical.

A x