Hi agee,

So interesting to hear about Chile's new constitutional project, and that their
president is both indigenous and a linguist.  Writing a new constitution is
definitely a challenge not just for politics but for literature.

I'm not too familiar with Chilean literature, but skimmed a list of them just
now and noticed Raul Zurita who has written many works that reference Dante,
including a trilogy of which the first book is entitled Purgatorio, and is at
present working on a translation of Dante's Commedia.  (A link to his
interesting poem "The Desert of Atacama VI" from Purgatorio is below.)

I would certainly hope that all of the literatures of Chile can interact to
create the best and most imaginative yet pragmatic Constitution possible.
Wikipedia sadly states that there was no literature before colonization, which
is a poorly considered definition of literature that excludes oral and other
narrative traditions.  With the new president as a scholar and expert one can
hope indigenous literature will be recognized and brought in fully.  The new
constitutional project could possibly influence other societies as well beyond
Chile.

Since Mapuche cosmology involves a deluge narrative, that could well be a topic
or theme for dialogue among diverse Chilean literatures.  The "machitun" or
healing ceremony could provide a template, as could the concept of "wekufe,"
link below, meaning something like "deceitful spirits."  Certainly in Dante,
the evil long-term results of deceit or fraud -- despite their short-term
expediency -- is a central and structural theme.  The political harm or
toxicity of deception integrates in many ways with modern and high-tech
political science on levels of technocracy such as surveillance, game theory,
algorithmic manipulation, and philosophy or cultural theory exemplified well by
Machiavellian doctrine and its many offshoots (both acknowledged and otherwise).

My own sense is that the Mona Lisa is designed and intended in many ways to be
an active interlocutor to help humans in an age of technological deluge retain
awareness of nature in ourselves and our environment and develop skill in all
cultural realms -- art, science, engineering, politics, philosophy, etc. -- to
persist in harmony with nature and thus survive times of great jeopardy like
the present.  The painting's form and method modernize or reform certain
aspects of Dantean ideas of accountability to both enlist and increase their
effectiveness in opposing modern Machiavellian structures engrained with the
radical notion that violence and deception are not morally tainted means that
carry adverse consequences.