Hi Jorn,

Thanks for sharing this. It's nice to revisit a net artwork again.

Browsing through the HTML interface is refreshing. It is a shame the videos
are not there because to view a Monica Ross performance would give it a
visceral element in contrast to the clean conceptual side of the whole
piece.

Also, I think there are some strong links between Ross's work and current
feminist artists such as Cassie Thornton and Ele Carpenter, where their
art, ethics and politics merge.

I notice you were part of a symposium discussing Monica Ross and her use of
Technology - https://www.bl.uk/events/monica-ross--a-symposium#

Could you unpack some context about this work you've shared with us, such
as how much you have involved in it yourself and what did her work mean to
you?

Wishing you well.

Marc

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 at 13:53, Jorn Ebner <j...@jornebner.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have been meaning to send this brief info to this list for some time:
> Monica Ross, who passed in June 2013, produced the online repository for
> "Just for Now" in the 2000s (the project itself started in 1997). It has
> been republished recently, again at
> http://justfornow.net/
> The piece(s) deal with transcriptions in a larger context. Check for
> yourselves.
>
> Unfortunately the videos haven’t been updated yet, but I think it is a
> beautiful online piece.
>
> Best
>
> Jorn

Wishing you well

Marc

Dr Marc Garrett

Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected cultural ecologies &
economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship,
Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc Garrett, Inte Gloerich.
Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019 http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan
Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK