Hello

I think some of you may enjoy the fantastic programme of this year’s
Uroboros festival,  run in a hybrid format online and onlife at Kasárna
Karlín, Prague, CZ. They describe the festival as “an annual gathering of
art-design-research practitioners experimenting with various creative means
to help foster positive change in the troubled and fragile world.”

I urge you to explore the whole programme but specifically wanted to invite
you to join The Interspecies Meditation and Sharing Circle
<https://www.uroboros.design/events/the-interspecies-meditation-and-sharing-circle/>
 that I’m hosting 6 Oct Thu 17:30 BST and the Feral Policy Panel
<https://www.uroboros.design/events/feral-policy-panel/> that I will be
joining 7 Oct Fri 13:00 BST. Both of these events are at least partly the
result of 3 years of partnership with the CreaTures Creative Practices for
Transformational Futures <https://creatures-eu.org/>.

Below is more information about both events. I would love it if some of you
wanted to join.

Warmly

Ruth

The Interspecies Meditation and Sharing Circle

6 Oct Thu 17:30 BST

This meditation builds empathy pathways to other life forms. It is part of
a larger collaborative role-play project called The Treaty of Finsbury Park
2025 <https://www.furtherfield.org/the-treaty-of-finsbury-park-2025/>
depicting the story of the dawning of interspecies democracy. It’s a new
era of equal rights for all living beings, where all species come together
to organise and shape the environments and cultures they inhabit, in
London’s Finsbury Park (and urban green spaces across the UK, the world,
and beyond!) After much protest it has been agreed that a treaty of
cooperation will be drawn up. The meditation is used as a tool for
character development and immersion. As participants, we use our
imaginations and a bonding ritual to enter the body and consciousness of a
different species and to reflect on the nature of their existence. This
ritual transports us to the interspecies multiverse where we sit for a
guided meditation. The meditation is followed by a sharing circle where we
describe the experiences we have of our new bodies and sentience. By
listening to each other we understand more about our place in webs of life.

https://www.uroboros.design/events/the-interspecies-meditation-and-sharing-circle/

Feral Policy Panel

7 Oct Fri 13:00 BST

How can creative practitioners and policy-makers work together for
multi-species governance?

DISCUSSION by Marion Lean <https://www.uroboros.design/person/marion-lean/>
, Julia Lohmann <https://www.uroboros.design/person/julia-lohmann/> , Ruth
Catlow <https://www.uroboros.design/person/ruth-catlow/> , Iryna Zamuruieva
<https://www.uroboros.design/person/iryna-zamuruieva/> , Lara Houston
<https://www.uroboros.design/person/lara-houston/> , Ann Light
<https://www.uroboros.design/person/ann-light/> , Markéta Dolejšová
<https://www.uroboros.design/person/marketa-dolejsova/>

With many overlapping social and ecological crises, we urgently need to
transform how we live together on this planet. Artists, designers and
social change-makers have been developing alternative forms of eco-social
thought and action rooted in ‘multi-species’, ‘more-than-human’, and
‘feral’ modes of co-existence. How can these creative practitioners connect
fruitfully with policy-makers, who work with related ideas around ‘natural
resource management’, ‘ecosystems services’ or ‘biodiversity conservation’?
In this panel discussion, we invite practitioners from creative and policy
fields to share their experiences of cross-sector working, in order to open
up new ideas in environmental governance for the benefit of all species.

https://www.uroboros.design/events/feral-policy-panel/