Over Here

I imagine the sounds of war. I await.
I imagine fear. I do not imagine. I do not wait.
I imagine infrastructure. I imagine fortifications. I await.
I imagine any history and eruptions of visions of eternity.
I imagine 'here I stand.' It's true: I don't sleep.

https://youtu.be/F6cUx4FiNz0 video
http://www.alansondheim.org/overhere.jpg

I make: what I imagine such sounds. Yes, I've heard them.
And sometimes in the distance: utter silence.

"John. After the conflagration of the temple, the remainder of
the Jews, together with the insurgents, intrenched themselves in
one quarter of the city, and refusing to submit to Titus'
clemency, the Romans renewed their assault with firebrands and
combustibles. Thus the castle of Acra, the council-house, the
stately structure of Ophla, Helena's palace, with three or four
more public edifices, were set on fire; so that the flames soon
spread, and whole streets were in a blaze."

"John. He caused it to be totally destroyed, and razed all the
remains of the walls. Gates, towers, palaces, walls of the
temple, and other edifices were pulled down, so that for weeks
together the whole city was involved in a cloud of dust."

- History of the Bible and Jews, Nathaniel Goodale, 1806

+++