EXPANDED BODIES. BIOPOLITICAL MATTERS AND MEDIA ART
with: Zach Blas, Heather Dewey-Hagborg, Jussi Parikka
moderator: Marco Mancuso

Wednesday 27 September 2023
from 6.00 to 8.00 pm (European Time)
here goes the zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82778015038

Contemporary art in its relationship with technoscientific research nurtures
the appropriation of a series of cultural and knowledge tools, as well as
possible tactics and strategies, which induce an ethical and critical
reflection on recursive data, operational images and data practices of remote
sensing in AI and biotechnologies. They influence and model our bodies,
identities and the socio-political-ecological environment in which we live in
the relationship with the surrounding human-non-human context. Widening the
boundaries of posthuman thought to the dialogue between art, design,
performance, philosophy and critical theory, the contamination with the
techno-scientific “other” suggests on the one hand the need to study a possible
reformulation of the ontogenesis of reality and on the other the freedom to
address a subjectivity that gradually becomes more and more fluid and queer in
its very nature in constant transformation. And to probe the bio-political
component of this contamination through community and collective practices of
sharing knowledge, strategies and experiences.

https://emare.eu/news-events/emap-capacity-building-workshop-expanded-bodies-biopolitical-matters-and-media-art-1