A DIWO STORY BY DIWO'IST COLLABORATORS.

Please take turns in adding text and/or images relating to the story
below...

Sarah steps out of the bath and pans the top half of her torso in the
mirror. Through the steam she can just make out the ghostly outline of her
reflection. Her finger inscribes an outline of herself onto the mirror's
surface. Condensation drips down and it looks as though she is melting.
She turns around and examines her profile, moving her hands from the cool
surface of the mirror to the moist warmth of her skin. The self wrapped in
skin is alive. The self inscribed on the mirror's surface is... Well, it
too is alive in some way.

Memories come flooding back to a time when she was a young child, walking
in a fog in the streets of London. It was winter and she was on her way
home
from school. Her feet trod on a thick yet slippery snow. She wished that
she had worn her boots, as frozen bits of the icy stuff dribbled into her
shoes and slowly melted into her stockings. Her feet felt like they had
become part of the snowy surface that she trod upon. She remembered how
tragically uncomfortable she felt as she looked forward to arriving home
to her mother's embrace. She could hardly make out where to go, it was
early evening in November and dark. The fog was getting thicker as each
second passed by. People
>wandered
>to and fro, bumping and slipping into each other, looking like discordant
>lost souls. Vehicles slowly chugged along, releasing gaseous, warm fumes
>out
>of their exhausts. Lights from the vehicles, buildings and lampposts,
>shimmered, shrouded by the blanketing haze of freezing fog.
>
>The child stopped walking in the midst of rush time chaos for a moment,
>shivering she then held her hand out as far as she could reach...
>
>....her arm it disappeared. At first she was frightened as images of
>decapitation immediately plagued her active imagination. Then she looked
>around - as other people began to appear out of the fog, they seemed to be
>much more clearer now, whilst still being caught up in the hustle and
>bustle.
>
>Each step had to be measured or she would slip or fall over. Her legs
>finally led her to a nearby bus stop and there were also many people
>standing around and shivering holding their frames tight, breathing fog
>out
>of their own mouths into the larger dense fog. A bus pulled up along-side
>the curb, the crowd including Sarah boarded the large red vehicle. Once
>seated, she made patterns in the condensation of the window's surface. It
>dripped and shook to the quivering rhythm of the bus. She could just make
>out her reflection, the outside world and herself fused, they were one.
>
>It was a memory that had been haunting her of late, but was yet to figure
>why. She shook it off, and with it the last vestiges of sleep. Outside
>it was early morning, birds twittering, a dustbin lorry reversing down
>the side alley, beeping and announcing it's action. Fragments of the
>bin men's conversation drifted up, audible but without definition
>amongst the clattering of the machinery and bins, dampened by the
>morning mist.

And anyway, who was to say that it ever could be? But then, on the other
hand, was a radish. "Who are you?" questioned the bogie (DMA 7). "I
am your *this->this and Master and thou shall ([kn]||[m])elt before me"
boomed the 10 print $answer. The telephone
quivered->[EMAIL PROTECTED] && quickly (for i=0 to 10)
arrived at the decision to change gear he knows. "I'm a little
shoehorse soft and grand, here's my feral riddim and here's my
allotment." it ++sung++. Then the gladly bellow again a big loud
booming astral harpsichord where you wave yore hans aboot, "Like, what
is dat do you singin ?" and cut himself short in mid sentient IRQ 15,
in the bank, shouting and swearing -  alot.

Sarah suddenly snapped out of it, and finished her toast coated with the
cheapest of margarine.