standing inside  the machine,
  looking out, looking in. standing with    the machine,
                             what can i give?
standing without the machine,
  what will i get?
                           __displaced by   the machine,
  the figure?
  what/which?                neither/nor?
    alienation by              alienation by
      alienation by              alienation by
  student-loans,
    how very interesting,        agency wages,
                                   not very interesting.
|_       _
 academy  : cadence |_       _
                     phased   : institution