oh yeah, if you really don't want to, or simply can't (have root access
granted) for "sudo make install" then look in options.c, line 17,
change the zero to a one and it will resort to its previous behaviour.
there's a comment next to it, should help you identify ... 0=def,
1=cwd,2=other, 0 is current behaviour ie look in
/usr/local/share/XorCurses for maps etc, 1 is look in current working
directory... i've not got around to actually implementing the changing
of these options yet.

------

Hi Clément

Did you 'make install'? i've kinda forced this now, you have to.
but if you have done this, then install the gnu debugger, gdb (if you
don't already) and:

gdb ./xorcurses

then:

run

and:

backtrace

and let me know what it says?

i'm gonna try and work out a reasonable way to not force the make
install,
it's just a matter of do i get it to look within the current working
directory always, or only if it does not find (the maps, help) in
/usr/local/share/XorCurses, etc.
Thanks,
james