Actually, what I found most interesting in the article was that while 33% of Americans don't "believe" in evolution, 57% consider science important (or was it "extremely" important?) And I'd add, even the most fanatical creationists rely om the internal combustion engine to get to their meetings, showing that being religious and (at least) the use of scientic achievements don't rule each other out.

Geert