Temporary School Reunion

 From Dougald Hine.

Remember the Temporary School of Thought?

A year ago, an amazing collection of people gathered in a huge squatted
townhouse in Mayfair and held a three-week long free university, with
classes in everything from welding to maze-making to how to think about
infrastructure and the case for and against art school.

If I hadn't gone down to the Temporary School, most of the things I did
in 2009 would never have happened.

It was there that I met Vinay, Mike and the rest of the crew that became
the Institute for Collapsonomics. Conversations during those weeks led
me to start writing Social Media vs the Recession and The Future of
Unemployment, and from there to the beginnings of Signpostr and Space
Makers. And it was Steph, one of the organisers of the Temporary School,
who co-piloted the Treehouse Gallery in Regents Park, where I spent much
of last summer.

The Temporary School was a magical time and space - so when I realised,
earlier this week, that we'd reached its first anniversary, it seemed
like a good idea to organise a Temporary School Reunion.

This has been thrown together very quickly - but then, that was the
spirit that made the original Mayfair school work. It's all happening
this Saturday - 9 January down in Brixton.

more...
http://otherexcuses.blogspot.com/