I think it's a stretch to say that education "suppresses" creativity
and I would say that it depends as much if not more on the student as
the institution.

But regarding something that was stated earlier, I think it was
something about Marc's post, I think some of the statements suggest
that education is intended to provide knowledge. It doesn't. As has
been expressed, the knowledge is all out there for anyone to see,
education works more towards contextualizing it and providing an
understanding of it within particular frameworks. This is not a bad
thing as long as you're aware of it. It accelerates the process of
understanding and once you understand someone else's understanding of
some knowledge, it's easier to formulate your own.

Pall