From: anniea <a...@bram.org>
To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
<netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] franco "bifo" berardi and women
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:48:34 +0200

Sorry mail left before I was finished

Indeed Alessandro, I do agree that working in front of a computer screen
has all kind of bodily implications.
The most evident one, being the use of only fingers to expres what ever
we feel in front of a screen. The body image in our brain already has
very big hands, I am convinced that the body image of for instance a
child that uses the computer a lot will have comparatively  even bigger
hand parts.
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/image.php?img=87494
Youngsters nowadays don't have the same brain as I had at the same age
or as had most of their teachers and that is creating a problem in
education. This is a very general problem and doesn't have anything to
do with gender.

So what was and is bothering me is that Berardi solely talks about
women, as if it should be solely her role to take care of the baby.
Maybe it's not important, but it feels as a very conservative trait in
an otherwise very enlightening approach.

I might be wrong.

Annie

        Indeed Alessandro, I do agree that working in front of a
        computer screen has all kind of bodily implications.
        The most evident one, being the use of only fingers to expres
        what ever we feel in front of a screen. The body image in our
        brain already has very big hands, I am convinced that the body
        image of for instance a child that uses the computer a lot will
        have comparatively  even bigger hand parts.
        http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/image.php?img=87494
        Youngsters nowadays don't have the same brain as I had at the
        same age  or and that is re

        On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Alessandro Ludovico