On 08/10/11 16:24, Mark Hancock wrote:
> Yes! The ringing of critics phoning in their copy from crit-o-matics across
> the globe will signal the end of theory.

That scene always made me think of Wintermute trying to contact Case.
(It's one of the few scenes from the film I'd seen before this year!)

My first art coding project was going to be a Word Macro virus (which I
could have invented had KIAD not been too cheap to pay for the
manuals...) to delete the word "postmodern" from any document it infected.

I settled on proof-of-concept PostScript viruses instead:

https://www.gitorious.org/robmyers/postscript-viruses

> I used to love that film, especially Piers Brosnan channeling Goldblum's Seth
> Brundle for the cyber age.

Strangely it's not available on blu-ray. :-) The budget clearly went on
the effects rather than the writing, but it's visionary between the
silliness.

How about Johnny Mnemonic? :-)

- Rob.