Activism can surely be art as long as enough people call it that, or if it
is done with the intention of being art, but is there really any advantage
for activism to be called art? Will this make for better, or more
far-reaching activism?

The article seems to say that activism is creative just as art is, so it can
be considered art. OK, but there are lots of creative activities that are
normally not considered art, and when they are, this doesn't necessarily
change anything for them. I'm thinking of cooking, and Rirkrit Tiravanija,
for example. He may have done something for the artworld, but I don't think
his work is that significant for cooking as a creative activity almost
everyone engages in daily.

My point is that the artworld is very fond of colonizing other areas of
knowledge/production, but this seems to happen in a onesided manner. People
will still be engaging in creative activities whether anyone chooses to call
them art or not, and calling them art will probably not make any difference.

best,
isabel

--
http://isabelbrison.blogspot.com/