Hi Helen & all,

Wow - this is very much the type of behaviour of a man in a privileged
position, classic top-down nonsense. Shocking that no-one at the talk
commented about the situation...

marc
> hi everyone,
> i spoke to tamiko today & heard a bit more of the story. she was not
> actually presenting herself, but was in the audience at a panel on
> activist art when one of the panel members, who was showing tamiko's
> work as an example, invited her to comment on her work. her web site
> was being shown on the screen at the time. as well as stopping tamiko
> from speaking, gansing also asked for this to be taken off. nobody
> else in the audience said anything, which is disappointing ...
>
> tamiko does plan to say something more about it but at the moment she
> has some deadlines; hopefully she will come on the list & discuss it
> with us soon.
>
> h : )
>
> On 5/02/12 2:08 PM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
>> Well, this is rather thought-provoking.
>>
>> Aside from the "offensive" stance of the Director towards the whole
>> AR practice, which could possibly be well motivated and arguable,
>> I can't really see the point of censoring or dump an artwork being
>> discussed during a panel at Transmediale.
>>
>> Did they actually took off the work from the screen and suddenly
>> stopped talking about it?
>>
>> I would find it quite disturbing.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> --
>> Marco Donnarumma
>> New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.
>> ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
>> The University of Edinburgh, UK
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com <http://marcodonnarumma.com/>
>> Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com
>> <http://res.marcodonnarumma.com/> | http://www.thesaddj.com
>> <http://www.thesaddj.com/> | http://www.flxer.net <http://www.flxer.net/>
>> Director: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net
>> <http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net/>

> --
>
> helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
> he...@creative-catalyst.com
> http://www.creative-catalyst.com
> http://www.make-shift.net
> http://www.upstage.org.nz

Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield