MzTEK and the Music Hackspace invite all you techie women (and women who
want to get techie) to join us for a one day workshop where you will learn
to make one of the instruments from the project, the Beatbox t-shirt!

This last summer we worked with Guerilla Science (
http://guerillascience.co.uk/), and KOBAKANT (http://www.kobakant.at/) to
bring a fantastic Hacked Human Orchestra to Wilderness and Shambala
festivals, making wearable instruments with festival-goers that created the
most awesome music ever!

Creating soft circuits with conductive fabric, conductive thread and an
array of electronic components, people turned their t-shirts into
synthesizers, screechers and recorders.

On this occasion the Beatbox t-shirt arrives to the London Music Hackspace (
http://musichackspace.org/), a place for artists, innovators, entrepreneurs
and hobbyists passionate about music and technology.

In this workshop we will hack a small re-recordable devise, discard the
hard wires and replace them with conductive fabric and thread, and learn
e-textile techniques to make soft circuit buttons to embed the devise into
a t-shirt or textile. We will provide a standard t-shirt, but feel free to
bring a fabric patch, hat or bag etc, to use instead.

This would make a funky Xmas prezzie!

This workshop is perfect for someone wanting to learn the basics of how to
create a soft circuit, but also for those wanting to work with electronics
in a slightly different way. T-shirts will be provided but please feel free
to bring along your own garment to adorn as well!

For more information about our adventures with Hacked Human Orchestra over
the summer please check out:
http://www.mztek.org/programs/hacked-human-orchestra/
When?

Sunday 16th December 11:00am – 4:30pm
Where?

Music Hackspace, Unit 30. Cremer Business Centre. 37 Cremer Street. London
E2 8HD

£50 + £1.60 booking fee SIGN UP HERE:

https://mztek.eventwax.com/beat-box-t-shirt-at-music-hackspace

Please note this is a women only workshop.
L <https://mztek.eventwax.com/beat-box-t-shirt-at-music-hackspace>ook
forward to seeing you there! :)

--
 <https://mztek.eventwax.com/beat-box-t-shirt-at-music-hackspace>