well, dear all
it's over now, just walked away from it, by for the record of
this recording radio, we had a lecture/discussion event tonight of the third
kind, not sure how to describe it, a symposium complete with "clickers" (for
audience vote , pro or con, a first in my life)....

Brunel Public Lecture Series 2013
London, UK

Eastern Gateway Building, Main Auditorium

Monday 25 Feb at 7pm
THE GOOD LIFE IS A MATTER OF AESTHETICS RATHER THAN ETHICS

Joseph Giacomin, Johannes Birringer, Peter Wiegold, Peter Beresford

(Chair: Christina Victor)

Can we have a good life without being good people? Can good art be produced by
bad people? Can we separate the aesthetic from the ethical? Joseph Giacomin
(focusing on human centred design), Johannes Birringer (theatre) and Peter
Wiegold (music) will each discuss these contested notions from their
disciplinary perspective. Peter Beresford will focus upon the need to engage
all of us in formulating and understanding aesthetics.

Starting from the broad overarching theme of Disputed Territories: Challenging
Convictions—Contemporary Concerns we have formulated a number of controversial
‘motions’, which are likely to divide public opinion. During each of the six
evenings, four renowned Brunel speakers will present their views for or against
the motion, and the audience will be invited to participate in the debate via
an electronic voting system and an extended question-and-answer session.
Attendance at all lectures is free and no booking is required. The speakers
will present their views and ideas in a lively and accessible style, without
assuming any prior knowledge on the side of the audience. They are guaranteed
to spark new insights, challenge your beliefs and provide high quality
‘edu-tainment’, so don’t hesitate to come along!

(Organising Group: Dany Nobus, Thomas Ryan, Akram Khan, Teresa Waller, Andrew
Ward. Administrator: Caroline Kenealy)

relayed from press info.