1920

http://lounge.espdisk.com/archives/1062 (best)
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/1920.mp3

26 minute improvisation on 1890s-1920s parlor guitar,
most likely  a Larson Brothers model. this has had
four different bridges at different times; I'm hoping
for a fifth. the tone is brilliant and clear, the
neck is very narrow, and I'm using nylon strings. the
Larson Brothers were legendary guitar makers; I found
this at a Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania used instrument
shop, where it was being sold as a children't guitar
for $39. this and the Di Giorgio are my two perform-
ing instruments; I have had no need for any other.
recorded as is with added studio echo. it's harder
to play than the Di Giorgio, more exacting, but the
smaller body and neck gives me a greater reach for
chording/intervals. enjoy.