On 31/10/13 08:50 AM, marc garrett wrote:
> Hi Rob & all,
>
> I think its appropriate to mention here, Rob's review for Furtherfield
> about Floss Manuals in 2008.
>
> http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews/floss-manuals
>
> 5 years ago! Time is too swift!

Yikes! :-)

I love FLOSS Manuals. It's a free/open solution (anyone can organize and
edit a manual) to a free/open problem (people complain that Free
Software doesn't have good manuals).

It's not just shell, ssh, and GUI software. There's books on UpStage,
Tech Tools For Activism, and the "Collaborative Futures" book. All well
worth a look.

Here's how the software behind it works:

http://flossmanuals.net/booki-user-guide/

The command line introduction I have special affection for as I saw the
"book sprint" that created it and it's the book I gave to my son to
teach him the shell.

Book sprints are a great idea, and I'd suggest anyone on the list think
about what subjects they'd like to see a book on and organize a sprint
to make it. :-)

http://www.booksprints.net/