threnody, some music, Rebeca hurry

http://www.alansondheim.org/grave12.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/irishbanjo.mp3

the body of Rebeca hurry
of Rebecca hurry
25 1778

this Irish banjo has four strings, short neck, an octave and a
fourth, no resonator, very old, dark, almost clunky sound, I
tune it like a tenor guitar, I work on modules and segues, and
at one point, I wanted to be interviewed, wanted to present this
way of playing, these sliding tones that return under new
guises, neither end nor beginning, sound that might continue
indefinitely, but there was no interviewer, I think to myself
that maybe I'm just 'noodling' as Gary said, doing nothing much
on the instrument, it's snowing hard now, it's the snow of
Joyce's short story, death looms in this weather, breathes down
upon us

for Rebeca hurry