@Patrick >>>>>> "there seems to be a bit of a backlash to critical theory
that is replaced with a positive discourse that almost seems like the old
axiom, "If you¹re not part of the solution, you're part of the problem².²

@Mez >>>>> "Whatever the magnitude/form, online dialogues appear to be
flooded with antagonistic commentary.²

The fascinating critique, "Mechanisms of Exclusion," by Mez Breeze just
posted on Furtherfield, seems timely in light of our ongoing discussion of
³netartizenship.² Do Mez¹ railings & Patrick¹s response (pointing out the
subjectivity of net abuse) suggest there is opportunity to determine what
constitutes positive, productive, creative, open and responsible
³netartizenship,² do we even dare go there? I know that everyone has an
entirely different view of this, and I¹m sure there are many who consider
the notion a futile exercise, given the immensity, diversity, and
corporatization of the Net. But where exactly do we stand on the idea of
³netartizenship,² and the resulting norms & behaviors? Do we have
responsibilities as ³netartizens,² particularly those of us who are
immersed in the practice of the network on both personal and professional
levels?

Randall

Mechanisms of Exclusion by Mez Breeze
http://furtherfield.org/features/articles/mechanisms-of-exclusion