Yes - the only philosophy we need on this, though, is "open the borders, let
them in!"michael

      From: Kath O'Donnell <alia...@gmail.com>
 To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
<netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
 Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 3:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] dismal news

it's shocking to hear of so many people fleeing Syria and other countries. what
kind of world is this where they are turned away.
meanwhile in Australia, our borders are shamefully, effectively closed to
refugees, our prime minister is now considering supporting US with air strikes
in Syria and his 'border force' team are planning on checking everyone's visas
in Melbourne CBD on the weekend. it's like they think we're in 1939 Germany or
something.
I hope something can be done to help the refugees. it seems like a forced
population shift is going on atm
I haven't read the philosophers' take on it all.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/23/tony-abbott-to-decide-on-joining-fight-against-islamic-state-after-us-talks
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/border-force-to-check-visas-on-the-streets-of-melbourne/6732086