love these cut ups, Edward...
Funny, poetic and somehow...informative..

      From: Edward <edw...@edwardpicot.com>
 To: netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org
Cc: edw...@edwardpicot.com
 Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2016 11:56 AM
 Subject: [NetBehaviour] The artist is an ape (Kandinsky cutup, via Pall Thayer)

The artist is an ape. In front of his nose, and his thoughtful
aspect, his actions are mere aping. Method is mere aping.
Externally those who strive to follow method produce an art that
is still-born. I will sit holding a book, a work of the past at
best. It is impossible for me to resemble a monkey completely, or
to resemble a human being completely; I turn over the pages with
the emotions of a child. It follows that in each period I live and
feel, as did the Greeks. In my own period there can never be many
cases of Greek methods. The mother of methods achieves only
sculpture. In the same way repeated efforts to revive
art-principles remain soulless. For all time. Such culture
produces an art of . Culture produces an art of .