We Are Not Alone 20-21 Visual Arts CentreScunthorpe North Lincolnshire, UK
January 23 – April 30 2016 Featuring work by: Ruth Catlow, Robert Croma,
theEmpress of Blandings, Doron Golan, Liz Sterry, and Michael Szpakowski
Downloadable catalogue designedby Olga Panadés Massanet, with texts by Teju
Cole, Gretta Louw, Edward Picotand Michael Szpakowski
http://furtherfield.org/WANA/wana-catalogue.pdf Twitter: WANA2021 Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/wana2021/  Hi I'm curating what I thinkis going
to be rather a good show at 20-21 Visual Arts Centre in Scunthorpe,UK  - it
opens this Saturday and runs until April 30th. It's been 3 or 4years in the
making and it features 6 very diverse artists linked, however, byties of
friendship, collaboration and some kind of relationship to the internetin their
work... it's called "We Are Not Alone" There's going to be anexciting
additional layer to the show whereby we are opening a section ofit to open
submissions from visitors to it who can submit work, in some looselydefined
sense, 'inspired' by work in the show. Ten of these pieces will beadded and the
ten artists will be paid ( not much, but paid). Although I'm aware
thatScunthorpe might be something of a schlep for many of you, it would begreat
if anyone can physically make it! I’ll be around this Saturday about 1- 3and
I’m running a workshop there on Sat March 12th. Please follow uson Twitter and
keep an eye on the show Flickr group…  warmest wishesmichael