hi everyone,
i am seeking advice on 2 questions:

firstly, i need to upgrade my laptop & have decided to make the
transition to linux. mint has been recommended to me for the OS. does
anyone out there have any advice regarding choice of hardware? ideally i
want a small laptop with a dvd drive, ethernet port, & separate audio in
& out ports.

secondly, i'm working on an installation which includes projected
animated text. previously i've done this in a basic but effective way
with powerpoint. this time, i want more control over the animations than
powerpoint allows, and it needs to be a looping video as it's going to
be left running on its own. can anyone recommend a good software for
text animation? (preferably open source).

all ideas much appreciated,
h : )
--
helen varley jamieson
he...@creative-catalyst.com <mailto:he...@creative-catalyst.com>

/Unaussprechbarlich/, München, November-Dezember 2015
<http://unaussprechbarlich.tumblr.com/>