      From: Johannes Birringer <johannes.birrin...@brunel.ac.uk>
 To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
<netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
 Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:32 PM
 Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] email about "prevent"

dear all
never heard of it.  when doing some fact checking, 'prevent' seems to have been
a government counter terrorist initiative,
for the past ten years, not entirely successful I read. But in the arts and
educational arenas where I work, it's not a factor nor has anyone
ever approached me to do any such reporting on any 'signs of radicalization' ;
our duties as tutors are educational and pastoral in the sense of caring for the
well being and creative and intellectual growth of our students (and an
anti-muslim policy, that you discern, Michael,
would be completely unsupportable and unsupported at my school).  respectfully,
Johannes