Hi Edward& thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment. What you say
is very helpful too and helps me to orient myself a bit.
It's good to hear that the arrows tie things up for you -this is certainly what
I would have hoped, that the visual aspect is something that might engage a
viewer/reader.
Someone else mentioned that they found some of the map text proper -especially
the name of businesses &c along the way - bothincongruous and evocative. I'm
also pleased to hear the 'shapes' matter. They matter to me, those 'shapes'
being deeply lived:).As for the writing, your comments are again helpful, but
there's not much I can do in response , I think. I'm strict with myself -the
stuff has to arise out of something I see or think on the actual runand I try
very hard to tell the truth, both about events and about my internal responses.
Much of the text is 'written' on the run , committed to memory and then
transcribed later, although this process is by no means foolproof :)I do also
try and make the piece as soon as I get back and certainly before midnight.
This imposes, as I remarked in my initial post, some quite strong
restraints.Maybe where there is banality or the overly poeticised this is a
reflection of what I am. I'm not sure I'm aiming to be a 'good' writer here (
as I would for example in writing about art of any kind which for me is a
literary task, with all that that implies)but a good
'doer-of-the-odd-set-of-tasks-I
-have-set-myself-which-include-a--special-emphasis-on-a-kind-of-truth-telling'You
 once said about a piece of work of mine ( I paraphrase) that it conjured up
what it was like to be human being, which made me happy. Oddly a few other
people have said that about various things I've done. This has never been a
conscious aim of mine, but I guessthat this piece's self imposed rules come
close to encouraging something along those lines.Anyway once again ,
thanks!michael