Hi Steve & all,

Thank you for your generous support and understanding of what it's like working
in the Finsbury Park area.

>Furtherfield isn't parachuted in like so many so-called socially engaged art
>projects often are, it is an established
>and integral part of its local community, so I can understand the shock waves
>that this attack must be causing.

You're of course right Steve, this is a social reality which separates us from
the more established media art groups, galleries, and academia. And we've been
working with all kinds of people here since 2004.

The mosque is only about a 100 yards away from where we are working together in
the park.

We have noticed and experienced tensions here well before this incident, and
this summer is surely going to bring us other challenges to deal with.

My heart goes to to all suffering from these soulless and ignorant attacks,
whoever they are - it's wrong and sadly the news media along with unsavory
billionaires, and particular politicians, have stoked up a fire in order for
the poor to fight each other and suffer even more pain, while they at a
distance - collect the proceeds :-(

Again,

wishing all well

marc

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor of Furtherfield.
Art, technology and social change, since 1996
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park

Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQhttp://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
Currently writing a PhD at Birkbeck University, London
https://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett

Curating, Touring Exhibition
Monsters of the Machine:Frankenstein in the 21st Century
At Laboral, Spain until Sept 2017 http://bit.ly/2eGdpw1
Visiting other countries soon...