On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Greg Troxel <g...@ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> John Nemeth <jnem...@cue.bc.ca> writes:
>
>> On Dec 27, 10:56am, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>      One option would be to turn /boot into something that works
>> like pvgrub.  This shouldn't actually be that hard.  This is
>> something that I added to the project list a while ago:
>> http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/xenboot/  Of course, this
>> would require convincing the VPS operator to use it.
>
> True, but convincing someone to write it and use it is far harder...

I think just extending the ufs code in pygrub to understand changes
since Solaris might be relatively straightforward.

http://xenbits.xensource.com/hg/xen-unstable.hg/file/bca284f67702/tools/libfsimage/ufs/fsys_ufs.c

(There are also plans that pygrub should run on NetBSD rump kernel, at
which point using the actual NetBSD ffs driver might be possible, but
thats  away off).

Justin