Hello,

I've downloaded NetBSD-7.1-amd64 install image:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/7.1/NetBSD-7.1-i386-install.img.gz

and put it to a USB drive:

sudo dd if=/media/andrei/Storage/NetBSD-7.1-amd64-install.img of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M

Booting from the USB didn't go giving the following output:

NetBSD MBR boot
No Operating system

When I tried to mount the flash drive (from within Linux):

sudo modprobe ufs
sudo mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/sdb1 /mnt/netbsd

I got "wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1". Dmesg
says: "ufs: ufs_fill_super(): bad magic number".

Unfortunately there's no checksum for .img in the SHA512 file
(http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/7.1/SHA512), only for ISO's, so
I can't check the image file, but I have downloaded it from two
sources (the master site and torrent) and both downloads were
identical.

Has anyone had success with 7.1 using this particular install method?

Andrei