Ok! I've checked hp's webpage.
No BIOS updates available under Linux. Of course, there's no reference to
any BSD.
There're updates available to both BIOS and firmware under Windows, but I
don't have any Windows machine.
I can try to make a DOS bootable USB and boot in UEFI mode to try to update
the BIOS, but I won't be able to do this before earliest next week.

Regards