On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 09:23, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 22:42, Jason Mitchell <jmitc...@bigjar.com> wrote:
>

> > The boot blocks determine where the boot menu is displayed. The installboot
> > command lets you write new boot blocks which will send the messages to the
> > serial port. There should be examples either on this list or on the
> > port-amd64 lists ( I’m assuming you are using amd64, otherwise it’s
> > port-i386).
> >
> > If you have trouble then reply — I’m not in front of a NetBSD box right now
> > but I will be later.
>
> I think I did install the correct bootblocks for serial console,
> however, I played around with installboot and now I've messed up my
> installation and the system is unbootable. Any chance I can recover it
> booting from the cd image?

For future reference: I killed two birds with one stone by booting
from the cd, escaping to a root shell and reinstalling the bootloader:

# fdisk -B ld0

(ld0 is the qemu virtio hard drive).

Now the system is bootable again and I can also see the boot menu in
console. Happy days!

--
Ottavio Caruso