My experience with nvmm is limited and was mainly trying to use it on 9.x, but
I have the feeling that development on it has pretty much ceased and there’s
very little interest in improving it.  I’ve been running a comparison
experiment seeing what it takes to get as many systems as possible running in
various environments - NVMM, plain qemu, Linux KVM and eventually Xen.  For the
time being I’ve given up on NVMM and have been concentrating on Linux KVM as
I’ve found a number of systems that seem to install and run fine there which
don’t under NVMM.

The systems I’ve been using to test with are Windows-95, Windows-98,
Windows-XP, Windows-10, FreeBSD, FreeDOS, MSDOS, Kubuntu/Ubuntu, LinuxMint,
OpenSUSE, NetBSD, Solaris, Haiku, RavynOS and various versions of OS X.  Most
of these will install and run with LinuxMint in KVM, but fewer than half of
them work (even partially) in NVMM.

Some of the issues are probably related to host processor speed as is the case
with Window-95.  Others though appear to be issues in either NetBSD
keyboard/mouse handling or how NVMM interfaces with NetBSD for those services.

-bob