Dear Community,

I'd like to announce that the third beta build for Apache NetBeans
11.2 from the release112 branch is available for download. Apologies
for the delay (again!) - a few key issues were fixed prior to this
build, particularly around Java 13 and nb-javac distribution (thanks
Jan). This will hopefully be our final beta for NB 11.2 and all being
well the release vote will be based on the same code. Please help
check both sources and binaries so we can pick up any
critical/blocking issues before voting - thanks!

As per the release schedule, NB 11.2 is a non-LTS release, and will
not have a full NetCAT process.  However, feedback and testing from
those on the dev@ and netcat@ lists would still be appreciated,
particularly around new features.  Please file issues in JIRA as
necessary, with the affects and fix versions set to 11.2. Please take
note of the Bug Priority Guidelines (link below), in particular so
that we can address critical and blocking issues if they arise.

For details of changes between beta2 and beta3 please see
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1549

In particular, the mechanism for distributing nb-javac has changed
again between beta2 and beta3, and testing that would be appreciated,
along with related features for Java 13 support.

See the artefacts here:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/NetBeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release112/26/artifact/dist/

The binary you most likely need is:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/NetBeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release112/26/artifact/dist/netbeans-11.2-beta3-bin.zip

The SHA512 sums if you would like to check them are provided there as
well as here:
6c9940bbd7edf1675dbd93cec156fd718af86117f1bc9f948a3bcb183796d80b05c49a427f29fb904e2b7334021e7d726fa9f2bc8608dd0dd2d7a61c3cc957ad
 ./netbeans-11.2-beta3-bin.zip
cb4feaefad73d3f6ba5cf755e2e74e8ebb6b0c4517b82630f3a458d84cf337614336687ec7e6e25ae92f992b6e4f17d0e6edcac2ecf195f75c255d5b4980fbb9
 ./netbeans-11.2-beta3-source.zip

New build infrastructure - known issues / changes:
As you may notice from the links, this is the first release using the
new build templates and Jenkins task (thanks Eric). One thing this
does is switch from hardcoded versions across the code base to filling
this in from a central configuration file based on git branch and
hash.

* (FIXED) Local building from the source bundle is not correctly
picking up the git info file in the source bundle. Run `cp
nbbuild/gitinfo.properties nbbuild/build/` before running Ant (or
otherwise manually create the nbbuild/build folder and copy
gitinfo.properties into it). Will be fixed before full release as it's
a blocking issue.
* (FIXED) A git checkout of the release branch will also not correctly
pick up the required git info - this will be looked at before release
too.
* (FIXED) File names are not currently marked with the beta1 suffix.
On the other hand, the splash and window are. Win some, lose some!
* The userdir will now be named differently for each beta and the final release.
* (FIXED) Implementation versions across builds of the same sources
still differ.

Release schedule :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule
Bug Priority Guidelines :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Bug+Priority+Guidelines
NB 11.2 major changes :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+11.2

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil
Volunteer Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.2