On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 08:33, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> I think we need to look at these new Mac related issues and shouldn’t
> release 12.2 until we have some response or plan around that.

Are there specific tickets in mind?  Are they all Big Sur related?
That was only released yesterday.  Are there known workarounds for all
issues?  Are they JDK issues?

With 12.1 we had a slight change in packaging for macOS documented and
done after the release vote, as the macOS packaging involves some
local work.  If fixes require source changes in NetBeans itself (ie.
binary zip contents), this is probably not the time to do it?  I'd
have thought targeting 12.3, and possible backport to 12.0 and 12.2
updates might be a better option.

See what Laszlo thinks, but that's my 2c on it.

Best wishes,

Neil