From: Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2021 7:54:35 PM
To: netcat@netbeans.apache.org <netcat@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: NetCat Status

On 6/13/21 9:05 AM, Eric Bresie wrote:
> (3)  by demo / manual (user tested - have a user move the mouse, press a
> button, select a menu, create a file, run a file, etc.).
> Assuming Netcat tends towards the latter here as well.

> As I understand so far, Netcat provides the specs and a means to document
> things

Yes, but again, the problem is that those specs haven't gotten updated
for newer versions of NetBeans, and new specs haven't been written for
new features of NetBeans. That's why I'm suggesting something less
formal. Who is going to keep the test specs updated? If the answer is
"no one", then they are useless.

These test specs are non-trivial; you can see them here:

https://synergy.netbeans.apache.org/#/specifications

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)