On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 12:36:46PM -0000, Michael Felt wrote:
> ok. last bit, and here I draw a blank
>
> checking for pthread_join in -lpthread... yes
> checking network driver name... configure: error: Cannot detect network
> driver, use --with-driver=NAME to select implementation
>
> Not even a suggestion of what to provide/look for.... will look in
> config.log, but not holding my breath.

That's the first point at which you need to start adding AIX related
code.  That configure check is trying to detect what operating system
you're building on, in order to pick the right driver to compile.

So you need to add a check that identifies AIX and then triggers the
building of your new driver code.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|