Hi,

I've been a user of NetConnect for ages now (albeit not as the main
account holder) and find the programs very easy to use. I use MD-II as my
newsreader of choice as I've not found one to match it but have a couple
of queries and suggestions.

I have written before to the list with one of my suggestions for MD-II and
was told that it (the first suggestion) would be in implemented in V1.2
but sadly it hasn't been featured yet. So, I thought I'd mention it
again :)

Anyhow, my first suggestion is, would it be possible for MD-II to get a
'Confirm Download' size option for newsgroups. I always use MD-II as an
offline newsreader and quite a few times I have been in the position of
having to download 1 meg+ files with no way of knowing they were coming or
stopping them when they do. Also, it would be handy if there was a
configurable killfile feature.

Secondly, could it be possible for MD-II to download a listing of new
newsgroups from my ISP, even if it is as a text file? As it is, I have no
way of knowing what interesting new newsgroups are springing up :)

Now onto the queries... :)  I find V1.3 of MD-II very slow at downloading
news, in fact, according to the info window that opens, it is downloading
three times slower than 0.198. I've also done some timing tests and it is,
indeed slower. As my config is the same with both versions, does anyone
know why am I getting such slow rates with 1.3? Is it something to do with
the headers being shown in the info window, would this slow the downloads
down? If so, can I turn it off? At present, I have gone back to using
0.198 as it is quicker.

Sorry for the long mailing and thanks, in advance, for any help :)

Cheers,

Pam.