These patches have been floating around during the enlarge cb[]
discussion a few months back but I never had the drive to
actually submit them officially. Inspired by dave's skb writings
I now do.

Further additional ideas to reduce sk_buff in size:

 o If we can't get rid of mac_len it could at least be reduced
   to u8.
 o Can we manage to live with a 16bit csum?
 o The number of net devices is limited, why waste 32/64bit on
   it? We could instead store the ifindex in u16's and save 6/18
   bytes. We might have to improve on dev_new_ifindex() to reuse
   old indices, however this is probably a minor issue. Although
   we use skb->dev a lot we can cache the lookup in all functions
   and even pass it on to other functions to decrease the amount
   of lookups.

Together with dave's ideas we could save about 50bytes on 64bit
architectures.