On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 09:04:23PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

> > attached is a patch that converts ebt_ulog to use the generic logging
> > mechanism (and thus be able to use the nfnetlink_log backend).
> >
> > This patch breaks userspace compatibility, since the netlink message
> > format of nfnetlink_log is different than the ebt_ulog one.  I cannot
> > decide whether that can be done, but at least in the past I had the
> > feeling that nobody is really using ebt_ulog [yet], and thus it might be
> > possible for those few users to directly use libnfnetlink_log
> > (https://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/trunk/libnfnetlink_log), especially
> > considering that those uerspace apps already breaks since ebt_ulog now
> > uses a different netlink family.
>
> I like it, let me know when you'd like me to apply it.

Well, it was marked as [RFC] since I'd actually like Bart to comment on
it first.  Revoking someone elses' code from the tree is quite serious,
and nothing that I would somebody else see doing with my code either.

Since this is net-2.6.14, I guess we have some time left to get this
sorted out.

Maybe I meanwhile find some time to make sure libnfnetlink_log allows
you to do everything that Bart's ebt_ulog example code in CVS does.

> Please provide a clean changelog message and the necessary
> signed-off line when you do so.

Yes, I didn't do so to give you less incentive to apply it already ;)

--
- Harald Welte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      http://gnumonks.org/
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)