KOVACS Krisztian wrote:

 Hi,

On Friday 05 August 2005 12.50, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Is there already userspace code which uses this feature somewhere?

AFAIK Ulrich has a patch for OpenSWAN, and we (Balabit) have a patch for racoon. Unfortunately this racoon version is available only as a commercial product.

The patch for openswan is nearly finished and will be released around the end of this year. In my first post I split the patch into three pieces, two to get the sequence numbers with pf_key and netlink/xfrm, and one to set/inform about the sequence numbers over netlink/xfrm.

IMHO der first two are useful for everyone using ipsec under linux, so it would be great if these two would flow into the vanilla kernel. The latter one must be determined if it's useful to add it to the vanilla kernel and if yes, in which form.

Best regards
Ulrich