From: bert hubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:38:44 +0200

> Yes it does. Nameservers also need to send outgoing packets. The DNS
> 'keyspace' for response spoofing is a sad 16 bits, there are two bytes
> available in the DNS packet. By randomising the source port, another 16 bits
> are added to this keyspace.

But that's still going to be 48-bits less protection than
TCP gives you.  TCP has a sequence number (32-bits) and
a timestamp (another 32-bits) as well as the saddr/daddr/
sport/dport 48-bit tuple.

UDP only has saddr/daddr/sport/dport, and that's it.
Even your 16-bit key in the user component doesn't help
much at all.

I don't know... if someone wants to look into the implementation
and it doesn't look too complicated, I'll probably accept the
patch, but there's no way I'm wasting my time working on this :-)