> > We are discussing something that is not useful for todays
> network load
> > and not standardized. TOE is the only answer to offloading
> transfers of
> > data encountered in contemporary networks.
>
> It is talk like this that makes me want to not participate in such
> threads....  "TOE is the only"...  please, spare me the unary view
> of the world ok?

That's a good point. Why not offer both alternatives and let the
customers decide what they want? Why would there be a veto against TOE
if it can be supported non-intrusively and with virtually no changes to
the software stack?

The patch we submitted will be further simplified once it is moved to
2.6.14, and we're hoping that it gets reviewed objectively and in an
open minded and healthy discussion.