From: Mike Kershaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:39:00 -0400

> > Do you need to do some range validation on arg before setting
> > tun->dev->type?
>
> I shouldn't think so, the worst you could do is set it to a link type
> nothing understands, and then they just either go to cooked socket
> (pcap) or confuse the app (anything that looks at type directly) or
> nothing (anything that just reads and expects it in the format it
> expects it in).

I'm more concerned that some piece of code indexes an array
using dev->type.

But this isn't your bug alone, nothing verifies the range of
dev->type even when registering a device (and that would be
the place to be doing such a validation anyways).

So this won't hold your patch from going in, it's a seperate
issue if it exists at all :-)